Saturday 25 October 2014

One of My Friend's Journey From NON- IT to IT

I was working as a Data Analyst in Oil and Gas related company.
I completely worked on domain which includes interpretation and analysis of data and also worked as TL.
I worked for 5 years in the same company but I did n’t find improvement financially. So I decided to move to another company.
One my colleague worked in IT Company he referred me in that company as his replacement.
First Round: I had a technical telephonic round totally related to domain knowledge. I was able to answer all the questions and cleared the first round without any difficulty and the HR informed me the same.
Second Round: I had a round of technical telephonic in this round they have verified my managerial skills.  I cleared this round as well.
Third Round: I had a conference call nearly 45 minutes with three people from different locations. This round was purely technical and domain related. Since I am very good in domain I cleared this round as well.
Fourth Round: I got a call from HR for face to face interview.  After I reached the office they have taken my Id and conducted one more telephonic round. This is related to Job Roles, Project related tasks and managerial skills. I cleared this role but I was completely confused understand the job roles, since it’s not all related to my domain knowledge.  But Manager promised that he will move me to any data management work if possible. So I compromised and ready to join.
Final Round:  Final round is the HR round. I had discussion with HR regarding the Salary she offered me good hike as much as she can offer.
* After considerable taught I accepted the offer. After 3 months I joined in IT.

I observed so many differences between IT and Non-IT
Pros in IT:
1.     Very good work cultures
2.     Friendly Environments
3.     Work from home availability
4.     Can get more and more salary and allowances.
5.     Can easily expose to clients and onsite chances.
Cons in IT:
1.     No time limits have to extend our working hours.
2.     Lot of politics inside team.
3.     No Mental Peace, lot of tension.
4.     No hope for improve my domain knowledge.
5.     Missing personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment